To avoid being criticized for bashing M$ Windoze, I decided I’m just gonna let others do the talking for me this time around, and I didn’t have to go farther than YouTube for answers. (Search: Windows Vista)
Firstoff, some of you may have heard that Aero stole it’s ideas from Mac OS X. Here’s showing that Microsoft didn’t:
Steve Jobs and Bertrand Serlet also talks about Aero’s features:
Of course, Vista does have it’s good points. Take for example its voice recognition system. See how it performs in action:
And of course, the new window switcher included in Aero:
Followed by a video highlighting the features of Aero. And afterwards, Beryl
Now, let’s hear what this Vista owner has to say after buying a brand new computer to run Vista:
Microsoft is proud to offer several innovations in Vista. Here is a timeline of competitor’s innovations. I think it’s self-explanatory.
- January 2000 – Apple comes out with Aqua
- April 2005 – Mac OS X Tiger is released, featuring Gadgets, Spotlight, Expose, and a host of other innovations.
- Janury 2006 – Novell releases Compiz, featuring Annotate, Scale, Minimize/Maximize/Close animations, Desktop Cube, Zoom, and a host of other innovations.
- October 2006 – Beryl forks from Compiz. Changable window decorators, and other innovations were added.
- Windows Vista – End of January 2007. Features the Aero window decorator, theme, and icon set that looks like OS X, and provides other innovations such as live windows like in OS X and Compiz/Beryl, live icons like in Ubuntu, and transparent windows like on OS X and Compiz/Beryl.
Innovations? I don’t think so.
Edit: Did you know Vista requires twice the computing power of Beryl-powered PCs? People are ditching their perfectly good computers to throw money at computer vendors for top-of-the-line models.
Ok, I’m being too kind. Actually, Vista needs up to four times more computing power:
- 4X HDD (15GB vs. 4GB)
- 4X memory (1GB vs. 256MB)
- 4X 3D card (128MB vs. 32MB)
Take my advice, put the money you’ll use to buy a new computer into savings, and put the money you’re gonna pay for Vista to buy a camera or something. What’s that? You need to pirate Vista to get it free?